Perfectly Polished Tips 127 - Zoya's Color Lock System

Zoya's Color Lock System used to consist of Remove, Anchor, Armor, and Hurry Up Drops. They recently added Get Even Ridge Filler and Renew polish rejuvenator. I have heard that Zoya doesn't play well with some of the base coats and top coats that are favored on the MUA Nail Board and I did have an issue with Seche Vite and Zoya. However since dumped Seche and picking up Out the Door I haven't had an issue. Anyways, I gave the Color Lock System a try and I'm not sure what I think about it.

I love the Remove polish remover, it smells amazing and is ultra gentle on my nails and cuticles. I could do a dozen swatches at once and not have the dryness or redness that would result from using my usual Beauty Secrets remover.

For the manicure I did using the system, I used Jo from the Twist collection, Get Even Ridge Filler, Armor top coat, and Hurry Up drops. I don't have photos at the moment because I have been super busy with school, however I will use the system again and post photos in the near future.

I liked Get Even a lot, it dried very quickly and left my nails looking smooth and neat. It is white in color, I did only one coat but I would imagine that if you did 2 or 3 it would be opaque. That would make it ideal for use under sheers or streaky problem polishes. I applied two coats of Jo after and it looked flawless. My only beef is that after 3 consecutive manicure's using just Get Even as a base coat I got peelies, big time. In the future I am going to try Anchor underneath and if that causes peeling I will use my HG Color Club Vitabase first.

Armor top coat is suppose to protect nails from UV rays and prevent yellowing. It made the polish very glossy looking. I topped that with the reccomended one drop per nail of Hurry Up Drops. Zoya claims that nails will be dry to the touch in 5-10 minutes. 20 minutes later I had a dent in multiple nails. Out the Door has really spolied me, and I'm not if anything else will ever impress me the way OTD does. I reapplied Armor and used the drops after two days as the directions suggested.

By day 5 of my Jo manicure I had horrid tipware and chips. I read somewhere on the Zoya web site that this system is suppose to keep a manicure looking good for up to 2 weeks, which I didn't think was possible anyways. Since I love Zoya polish so much I am going to give the Color Lock system another shot. After I use the system again for photos I am probably going to add Out the Door into the mix. I am too impatient to sit and wait 20 minutes for my tips to dry. I wonder why Zoya hasn't made a quick dry top coat yet..hmmm.

I have the new Twist collection and will try to have photos up by the middle of next week. I go to school full time, and have an almost 3 year old so I don't have much free time right now. Please check back soon and thank you to those who are still reading!