Essie Starry Starry Night? Is that you?


NO! But it looks like it! This is Naturistics - Crystal Blue Pearl and it is supposed to be a dead dupe for Essie - Starry Starry Night which I have come to terms with not ever owning. It was very exciting to learn that there was a look-alike to SSN available, but the excitement soon faded when I learned Crystal Blue Pearl is also a hard to find shade. Well, the polish gods smiled on me and sent me an angel. Liz of Iceomatic's Nails kindly gifted this to me. How sweet!! I still can't believe it.
And of course, I had to see it matte.
You may recall a while back I did a post about a franken for Essie - Starry Starry Night and I thought I did a pretty good job on it.


This was the photo of my franken, Evening Twinkler, which consisted of half Wet and Wild - Nocturnal and half LA Colors - Silver Glitter. Now that I had almost the real SSN in my hands, I can see that I was a bit off in the shade of the polish. Crystal Blue Pearl, or SSN, is not as cobalt blue looking as my swatch. It's more of a cool, dark denim color. Almost pulling purple. So I added some purple! I dropped in some Zoya- Pinta and I made Evening Twinkler 2.0:


You can see the shade is now pretty much exact. The only thing it needs now is a bit more glitter and it is perfect. So if you tried it before and want to get closer, throw in some purple!

Have a great day!
-Elaine