Tuesday Couch Potatoes: Love of Nature

"An Inconvenient Truth" is a documentary of former US VP Al Gore's campaign on global warming. It shows him doing a slide show presentation of the effects of global warming on our planet, replete with detailed data, graphic charts, and video clips. Fictional movies on global warming, such as "The Day After Tomorrow" (which I didn't like very much due to the sappy storyline) cannot compare with the real-life horrific consequences of the damage done to our planet.
The evidence is in incontrovertible. You only have to see the slides and be able to make a conclusion for yourself. According to wikipedia, "The Associated Press contacted more than 100 climate researchers and questioned them about the film's veracity. All 19 climate scientists who had seen the movie said that Gore conveyed the science correctly."
Although I've been aware of global warming for a long time now, seeing this movie was the first time I saw the wide range of damage and imminent danger we are all facing. Although scientists would be careful to directly tie up Katrina, Ondoy, tsunamis, and all those other cataclysmic calamities to global warming, I absolutely believe it is linked. And I fear we will be seeing more of it, if we do not do what we can and teach the next generation to care.
Quote: "Each one of us is a cause of global warming, but each one of us can make choices to change that with the things we buy, the electricity we use, the cars we drive; we can make choices to bring our individual carbon emissions to zero. The solutions are in our hands, we just have to have the determination to make it happen. We have everything that we need to reduce carbon emissions, everything but political will. But in America, the will to act is a renewable resource."
To join kikamz and other couch potatoes, click here or the icon below.

I would also like to make this movie my entry for Kikamz's DVD giveaway. It took me a long time to join this contest because I couldn't decide what movie I wanted!!! LOL. There's just way too many things I want! But as I wrote this post today, it dawned on me that nothing could be more fitting. This DVD is something worth seeing again and again, and a must-see for my kids and others. We need to spread the word and having this on dvd will make it easier to do so.
Join Kikam's giveaway now -- click below!